1/6/13

A new year filled with hope and love

 
 
2012 was such a busy year for us. As the first week of 2013 comes to an end, I'm filled with an enormous feeling of hope and determination to follow my Savior's example. I've been feeling pretty panicked lately, given the news that my overtime hours will be cut and our insurance will increase a lot and we're now feeling the effects from my commute both financially and emotionally. Still, last year, I kept wishing I didn't have to stay so late at work and was upset because I would come home during the week and all the kids would be in bed; the thought of not seeing them in the morning either because I had to leave for work before they got up, left me feeling in despair. But now, I see that it's a blessing for me. My husband and my children need me here. Every night, I come home feeling unbelievably tired and just feeling like I can't do it all. Now that I will be home every night, we can have family prayers and family scriptures. The Lord has spoken to my heart that it will be fine as long as I'm obedient to His commandments, and I'm hanging onto that confirmation.
 
I got the chance to go to the temple yesterday, and am thankful for the peace and comfort just pulling up to the parking stall in the temple. I was able to submit my grandparents' names for the very first time, and left feeling more eager to continue the genealogy work for my ancestors. There were many challenges along the way, but the Lord has answered my prayers, testifying to me that I must trust in Him as this is His work.
 
Today in all 3 meetings at church, the messages were clear: My Savior paid the price of my sins for me. He knows me, He loves me, and to never give up even when I feel I cannot go on. With that knowledge, I'm filled with hope and love and will strive to stay on the straight and narrow and to help my children to know and love Him.
 
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment