11/14/11

A day at the Oakland Temple

So, it was Stake Conference on 11/13/11, but I overslept! Anyway, I rounded the kids up and we went to the Oakland temple to take pictures on the temple grounds; the kids, with the exception of Malachi, have never been to the temple, so I wanted to take them there. We piled into the van, and took my sister-in-law, Theresa and her daughter, Hannah, with us.

The temple grounds already have their Christmas decorations up. I'm going to have to bring the kids back to see it--perhaps it will be an FHE night. Being there always give me that peaceful feeling-though I was a little frazzled with 3 energetic ones, a baby, and a teenager. I love the temple, and I'm grateful we have one so close. Yasy asked when she would be able to go inside the temple, and she smiled when I told her.

 My 5 children and me, sitting at the top of the temple, looking at the scenery.

 Us walking together, holding hands.

 My children and I glancing up. I was reading the caption to them.

 Being there with my children was wonderful.

 Rowan slept through it all

 My two youngest children with me.

 We stopped to take a picture on the way down.

 I decided to tell the children a knock knock joke.

 Us at the steps of the temple

 Our eternal family....I am grateful for these blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment