3/18/12

Preparing the new home....

We're moving in a few weeks to our new home, and are feeling excited and nervous. It was very exciting to choose all the options when we went into contract. We did not realize the lot size was that big until they put the fence up. As we toured the home on our walkthrough, we stared at our big backyard, wondering what on earth we will do with this space. I turned to Rob, and saw his wheels turning at the thought of a vegetable garden, fruit trees, a basketball court, playground for the kids, and an area where we can sit and relax. I'm tired just thinking about it!

So, this is what it looked out when they were framing the home. The home took 2 months to complete. Hard to believe there was just dirt in December! The construction manager said that because of very little rain, they were able to speed up the process. How lucky we are!

I think one of my favorite places will be the kitchen area with the
big island and spacious counters.

 I'm also excited that our kids can eat at the island and
not have to move in order for us to get to the fridge!
 And now for the backyard....

 So I'm taking the picture above from the patio door.
Yasy's running in the background

 I'm standing at the very back of the yard, taking the picture.
This is the right side of the yard.

 This is the left side of the yard.


 This is the center of the yard. Kai and his cousin, Adrian
were playing tag.

 I'm on the second floor, taking a picture of the entry hallway. The tile did not come out the
way I had hoped, but it still looks good.

Looking down from the top of the stairs. Kai and I are already planning FHE night to be sledding down these stairs with sleeping bags or mattresses. Of course, there will be tons of padding at the bottom of the stairs! I know...the crazy things we think of!

No comments:

Post a Comment